So I’ve talked about boba here before, but holy cow. I think I struck GOLD with this drink. It has creamy oatmilk, kahlua, espresso, and boba and tastes like a gingerbread cookie!
I can’t guarantee this will give you a holly jolly Christmas, but it sure doesn’t hurt.
Spiked Gingerbread Boba Oatmilk Macchiato
- 1/2 cup black tapioca pearls (boba) – This is the BEST >>>Tapioca Pearl – Black Sugar Flavor (Ready in 5 Minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon gingerbread spice (I highly recommend gingerbread, you could sub pumpkin spice or cinnamon realizing it has a little different flavor profile, but it will still be delicious)
- 2 – double shots of espresso (1 double shot per glass and instant espresso works too!)
- 3 oz kahlua (1.5 oz per glass)
- 20 ounces of oatmilk (10 ounces per glass)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Place a few ice cubes in a small bowl of water. This will be your ice bath for the boba after it’s boiled.
- Cook 1/2 cup boba according to package directions, strain them into an ice bath, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons maple syrup with 1/8 teaspoon gingerbread spice.
- Using a slotted spoon or spider, remove the boba from the ice bath and place into the maple syrup mixture and allow to soak for 10 minutes or up to an hour.
- In two 13-16 oz highball/collins, place one half of the boba pearls in each glass – like this set >>> Italian Highball Glasses [Set of 6] – 13 Ounce Cups
- In two separate cups, pour 2 oz espresso and 1 1/2 ounces kahlua.
- Pour 10 ounces of chilled oatmilk in each glass over the boba.
- Pour the espresso kahlua mixture over the oatmilk and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
- Drink up, and don’t forget your boba straw!
Other favorite product recommendations:
- If you don’t want to DIY your Gingerbread Spice – Spice Enthusiast Gingerbread Spice – 4 oz
- These are the Boba Straws I own –Reusable Boba Straws
- These Candy Cane Striped Biodegradable Boba Straws would be so fun! – Biodegradable Wide Paper Straws, 100 Pack Red Striped Jumbo
Check out what’s new on the blog
I’ve had some long recipe titles, but this one might take the cake so far. When I name a recipe, I really want you to know what you’re getting into I guess. I have always been a fan of making my own frozen treats because you can put whatever and however much of what you…
These coconut clusters are straightforward, simple, and absolutely delicious. They’d be a great addition to a charcuterie board or a special movie night (or anytime) snack. I know it’s not the holidays yet, but I can definitely see these at a Christmas gathering or in a cookie box for friends and neighbors. About this recipe…
The idea for this spin on tiramisu hit me as I dipping some strawberries in some leftover mascarpone creme I had from making this Blueberry Lemon Puff Pastry Galette with Mascarpone Creme & Basil. Let me get right to talking about the flavors and techniques here. Roasting strawberries intensifies that sweet strawberry flavor and makes…
Elizabeth Ann Willis owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for it’s original recipes, pictures, and content to be reproduced anywhere except this site without strict permission. If you loved this recipe and would like to publish it on your own website, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to my site as well as this specific recipe. Copying and/or pasting or taking a screen capture of full recipes or photos and posting it to personal websites or social media is strictly prohibited. This post may contain affiliate links.