If you want to go with a summer dessert that feels classic and everyone is sure to love, I’ve got your pie right here!
This pie is so easy to put together, it will quickly become your go-to dessert. It’s gluten free and can easily be made dairy free by swapping out butter, cream cheese and whipped topping for a dairy free equivalent. It’s super easy to find dairy free and plant based butter, cream cheese and whipped cream these days so it’s still a snap to make even with the modifications!
No Bake Gluten Free Strawberry Marshmallow Cream Pie
- 1 gluten free graham cracker crust. MI-Del is my favorite pre-made or see below for recipe.
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 8oz cream cheese at room temperature (or dairy free cream cheese)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 8 oz container of whipped topping, thawed (or dairy free equivalent, see notes)
for graham crust:
- 1 package gluten free grahams, crushed to crumbs (1 3/4 cups graham crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons butter or dairy free alternative butter
- Make the graham crust. Crush the graham crackers using a food processor or place in a gallon-sized zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin, can, or bottom of a skillet. Measure 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs into the pie pan. Save 1 tablespoon for topping the pie later. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in the microwave and using a fork, mix butter into graham crumbs until it’s completely uniform and press into pie pan using your fingers or bottom of a measuring cup. Set aside.
- Make the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or with an electric mixer, whip 8 oz. cream cheese on high speed until it looks lighter and fluffier (about 30 seconds).
- Add 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix on high speed 20 more seconds or until smooth.
- Add 8 oz tub of whipped topping and whip on high speed for 45 seconds.
- Layer half of the filling into the crust and top with 3/4 of the sliced strawberries. Place the other half of the filling on top and smooth the top.
- Top with the rest of the sliced strawberries in whatever fashion you’d like and sprinkle with the reserved 1 tablespoon graham crumbs.
Dairy Free whipped cream options: The best dairy free option is to find a whipped topping type substitute in the frozen section such as So Delicious CocoWhip. I have made this pie by whipping my own coconut whipped cream from canned cream of coconut and it makes for a less stable pie that needs to be served immediately out of the refrigerator, but it is still a viable option if you absolutely can’t come across the tub. See my recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Pie for details on how to whip your own coconut cream.